Thursday, August 18, 2011

The TDSB Hiring Process

It's sometimes hard to find accurate information on the Internet, and I hope that the information I provide to you is as accurate as possible. Some teacher candidates wonder how they can get on the Supply Teachers' List for TDSB. Here's the process and timeline I went through for the 2011-2012 school year.

1. I applied online at the TDSB Employment website (late December 2010)
2. I received a letter in the mail for a panel interview, to become listed on the Eligible to Hire List. (Letter received in early February for an interview in late February.)
3. Panel interview with two principals: standard interview questions.
4. Received notification of acceptance for the Eligible to Hire List in early June.
5. Received notification of acceptance for the Occasional Teachers' List in early August.
6. Orientation for new Occasional Teachers in late August.

I'm not sure how similar this process is for other school boards, so if you have additional information, please feel free to add a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment